LV. 20
GP 115

【其他】KOS Lore Chapter 2 The Twilight Tangle

樓主 >﹏<(̀w°)你是豬喔 DarkHydra
"If I punch him really hard in the beak, I bet he'll shut up."
「我敢說,如果讓我在他嘴上打上一拳,他一定會閉上那鳥嘴。」

Eledran sighed. "Come now, that's not really necessary."
Eledran嘆氣道:「別這樣,不需要的。」

"Oh, I think it is," Urdam replied. "I've never even seen one of these aviaks before, and I'm already sick of them." The bruiser cracked his knuckles and frowned.
「噢,我也這麼想,」Urdam回道:「我以前可沒看過這些鳥人,但是我已經開始討厭他們了。」這拳師皺了皺眉,折折手指關節,發出了喀喀的聲響。

"Hooluks, dear boy. Hooluks!" Jabber Longwind asserted. "Although most Norrathians would label all of us as aviaks, in truth we are quite distinct from one another. The vultak, for example, have their own unique habits that cause them to behave very differently from hooluks or aviaks. One theory on this is that plumage determines one's emotional tendencies, though personally I've always felt that--"
「這位朋友,我們不是鳥人,是鹰人,鹰人!」Jabber Longwind認真地強調,隨即又說:「雖然絕多數的諾瑞斯人把我們稱做鳥人,但是事實上我們和他們是絕對不同的族類。拿vultak來說吧,他們獨特的生活習慣和鷹人與鳥人就有相當的不同。另外一個原因是,我們的羽毛各自不同,但是我個人總覺得-」

"Okay, this is the part where I punch him." Urdam clenched his fist and took a step forward.
「好!我真該往那張嘴上狠狠扁下去。」Urdam握緊了拳頭,往前踏了一步。

Anturan moved himself in front of the bruiser. "Did we really need to bring this thug along with us, Eledran? We can't have him picking fights with everyone we meet up here."
Anturan走到拳師面前,說:「我們真的該讓他和我們一起走嗎?我們不能讓他攻擊我們。」

"Stepping out of the way quickly would be the smart move, kid," Urdam growled. "Besides, I didn't hear you complaining about my manners when we saved you and shorty here from your big lizard friend back in Antonica. If Eledran and I hadn't shown up, you'd both be puddles of goo on the steps of the Claymore monument right now."
「你快點閃開,這才是聰明的抉擇,」Urdam生氣地說:「此外,我在安東尼卡可是從那蜥蜴傢伙手裡救了你和你的矮子朋友耶,可沒聽到你抱怨過我的態度什麼的。如果Eledran和我沒出現,你們兩人早就在雙刃劍紀念碑下被打得稀爛了。」

"Don't ye be threatenin' me friend, bruiser!" Tulfor snorted. "I'll show ye what a dwarf can do with his sturdy axe in hand!"
「你這混帳拳師是在威脅我嗎?」Tulfor用鼻子大力地嗤了一聲,說:「我會讓你知道矮人有斧頭在手的時候能幹出什麼事情來!」

"Calm down, all of you," Eledran told them. "We are here to explore, not to pick fights with the locals--or each other. Frankly, I don't see how any of you could squabble in the presence of such a remarkable sight."
「嘿,兩人,冷靜點,」Eledran對他們說:「我們是來冒險,不是來和當地居民和稀泥的…當然也別起內鬨。坦白說,我不明白為什麼你們在這片驚人的景色還有閒情爭吵。」

They marveled again at the floating isles scattered in the twilight sky all around them. Everything seemed lush and green, the thick vines and twisting roots fed by flows of clear, bright water.
他們在這些浮空島嶼之間漫遊,周圍盡是昏暗的暮色。一切看起來豐盈而且翠綠,粗壯的藤蔓和糾結的根莖因為清淨的流水而顯得欣欣向榮。

"You said you've seen something like this before, Eledran?" Anturan asked.
「Eledran,你說你曾見過像這樣的東西,是嗎?」Anturan問道。

The elf stroked his chin and nodded. "It was long ago, when mortals were still able to walk within the realms of the gods. This place reminds me of the Plane of Sky, domain of the dragon god Veeshan. And yet, this feels far less desolate than I remember Sky to be."
這精靈輕敲自己的下巴,點了點頭,「但是是很久以前了,那時候人類還能自由進出神衹所統領的地域。那地方讓我想起了天空異界,神龍薇仙的領域。但是,這感覺比我記憶中的天空異界還要『熱鬧』一些。」

"Oh, the Plane of Sky was vast, let me assure you," Jabber interjected. "Mortals only ever saw the smallest bits of it. Like most things planar, what mortals could actually experience was merely one facet of the plane's true nature. Which, of course, begs the question as to whether the planes were real at all, or if they were merely facades projected into the minds of mortals so that they could at least conceive of their surroundings. Then again, were the planes projections of the gods, or were the gods projections of the planes? I once got into a rather fascinating discussion on the subject with a friend of mine as we took our morning flight..."
「噢,天空異界是個巨大的地方,我可以像你保證,」Jabber插嘴說:「人們眼中看到的只是其中極為渺小的一部分,人類所能看到的不過是異界多樣面貌中的一部分。人類一直在探尋『異界是否實際存在』這個問題的答案,或者他們一直是被雙眼迷惑,以致連心理層面都『相信』他們所處環境皆為真?再者,異界是神性的投射,或者神明本身就是異界本身靈性的具象化?我有次還和人談到了更加吸引人的議題,那次我和朋友一邊飛一邊-」

"Please, please let me punch him." Urdam said with a wince.
「拜託,。[b]拜託[/b],讓我扁他。」Urdam表情扭曲地說。

"Earlier you referred to this place as the Overrealm," Eledran addressed the hooluk, ignoring his companion. "What did you--"
「早些你提到了一個叫做『天空國度』的地方,」Eledran無視身邊的夥伴,對著那鷹人說:「那是-」

"Yes, yes, the Overrealm. Well, only a part of it really, known as the Dragon Isles. Dragons are interesting creatures, don't you think? So powerful, yet they can be so petty. I remember one story told to me by my mother not long after I was hatched. Come to think of it, she might have told it to me when I was a bit older. Yes, that's it, because I was old enough to fly on my own to the library. I wanted to find a book on history, you see, for a project on--"
「是,是的,是天空國度。好的,只有一部分是真的-那些住著巨龍的浮空小島。你們難道不覺得巨龍是很有趣的生物嗎?強大威猛卻又心胸狹窄,我還記得母親在我破殼而出之後便告訴我一個故事…嗯,現在想想,應該是我年紀再大一點的時候吧?噢,對的,沒有錯,因為那時候我才力量能夠到飛到圖書館去。我去圖書館是為了找一本歷史,你明白的,有關一個計畫-」

"Enough!" Urdam snarled, raising his fist. "We were attacked down on the surface by some oversized dragon-headed thing, and we want to find out what it was looking for. So I suggest you make yourself useful and tell us where we can find him, before I decide to see what it feels like to punch a walking bag of feathers."
「夠了!」Urdam嗤了一聲,把拳頭舉到面前,說:「我們被那個超大型的龍頭怪物打倒在地,我們想知道那傢伙到底在找什麼。在我決定試試看痛打像你這樣的鳥人(譯注:直譯是「打一包會走的羽毛」XD)是什麼滋味之前,建議你最好告訴我們一些有用的資訊」

Jabber's eyes opened wide. "The droag," he said soberly. "You seek the droag."
Jabber的雙眼睜得老大,清醒地說:「龍人,你們看到了龍人。」

"Where can these droag be found?" Eledran asked. "It seemed to be investigating a monument of some importance on the surface."
「我們該怎麼找到那些龍人?」Eledran問道:「他看起來要調查諾瑞斯大陸上某個重要的紀念碑。」

The hooluk nodded. "If it was seeking information on some kind of powerful artifact, then you should begin your search in the Sanctum of the Scaleborn. It isn't far, but go with care. You will not be welcome within."
那名鷹人點了頭,說:「如果他曾企圖搜尋某種強力古物的資訊,你們應該從龍種聖殿(Sanctum of the Scaleborn)開始著手。地方不遠,但是請小心,因為身為入侵
者的你們,不會受到什麼歡迎便是。」

"Finally a straight answer," Urdam said. "Let's find this place and pay our friend a visit."
「總算有個直接的答案,」Urdam接著說:「就讓我們找到那個地方,好好拜訪一下我們的朋友吧。」

"For once I agree with ye, bruiser!" the dwarf answered.
「看來我這次就同意你吧!拳師!」矮人回應道。

As the fighters prepared themselves, the Ayr'Dal spoke quietly to Eledran. "We barely drove off the one droag that attacked us. Are you sure we should venture into this sanctum filled with even more of them?"
戰士們終於放下彼此的歧見。半精靈低聲向Eledran說:「我們好不容易打退那個襲擊我們的龍人,你確定我們應該進入那個到處都是龍人的聖壇嗎?」

The high elf paused for a moment. "If the droag are after relics of power like the Claymore, then the fate of both Qeynos and Freeport may depend on us uncovering the mystery of these isles. I feel the answer may be tied to this 'Awakened' that the droag spoke of."
高精靈停止了動作,一陣子以後才說:「如果那些龍人企圖追求雙刃劍這樣強大的聖物,那…奎諾斯和自由港的命運就掌握在我們的手中,我們一旦揭開了這些島嶼的神秘面紗,那隱藏在龍人所說『Awakened』背後的答案,應該會慢慢顯露出來。」

Anturan nodded. "Let's go," he said to the others. They walked forward through the stone archway.
Anturan點頭,對著其他人說:「咱們走吧。」接著便向著石質拱門走去。

Jabber was silent as he watched them go. "It begins," he said softly, "just as it was foretold."
Jabber靜靜地看著他們離開,「一切就要開始了,」他輕聲道:「就像預言所說的。」

His feathers ruffled slightly as a cool wind drifted through the twilight sky.
他振翅一飛,一股清冷的氣流飛旋,穿透了披著暮色的天空。
板務人員: