I've seen quite a few topics about cheaters over the past week so I wanted to provide a topic that you can discuss cheating without having to worry about it being locked. But please note that this thread was not created so you can rage. We will not lock this thread but we will suspend anyone who posts pointless rage posts, tries to bring it off topic, names / shames, uses foul / vulgar language (including 'stared' out and/or acronyms) or otherwise violates the Forum Terms of Service and/or Code of Conduct.
I wanted to let everyone know that we (the team & I) are very aware of the cheaters in game and are in the process of taking steps to address the in-game cheating. As you may or may not know, we do not discuss our anti-cheating countermeasures publicly so I'm afraid that I can't offer much information in regards to the steps we're taking against the cheaters.
Before you begin discussing I also wanted to let everyone know that I have been performing bans on a daily basis since Achievements was released. I usually perform bans three times a week but have stepped that up with the recent events. A couple other important points:
1. The NFS World social websites ARE NOT a reliable means of reporting cheaters. We do not take action on cheat reports that are reported via photos/videos:
- Posted to Facebook (which is why this feature has been temporarily disabled)
- Twitpic'ed to @NFWorld
- Posted here on the Forums
The reason behind this (and I've said this many times before) is that it's too easy to doctor a photo / video.
2. Please use the in-game driver report tool to report cheaters. When you use this tool it gives us the necessary information to act on cheater.
3. Please be aware that it takes time for us to review the in-game reports but we do review them and take action when necessary.
Finally, I know that it's frustrating to enter a event and have it end the moment it begins, watch a SpeedHacker take off like a bullet or get knocked around by someone using tank mode. I do play this game too with a few different ghost accounts and have seen the same thing you all have.
But I'm positive that you all have something to say on this subject so while I won't be responding to every post I will be reading them all.